Trusted Contributor.. evansj58 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Documentation for 7.11.0.8139.0 release

Is there updated documenation for the 7.11.0.8139.0 Smart Connector release available anywhere yet?

I am trying to upgrade a winc connector and it asks for  a unique Generator ID in the upgrade wizard... no docs so unsure exactly what's wanted here.

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Documentation for 7.11.0.8139.0 release

Hi ,

i think that will take them one day or two until they will realease the documentation in this link : https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/tkb-p/connector-documentation

all the best,

Daniel

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. evansj58 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Daniel,

Thanks. 

I have already taken a look at that.

I guess I shouldn't assume the documentation wouldn't post date the software release? 🙂

You're likely correct. I'll just have to wait this one out!

Regards,

- John 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Documentation is now available here:
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/SmartConnector-Config-Guides-7-11-0-8139-0/ta-p/1684162

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/SmartConnector-Release-Notes-7-11-0-8139-0/ta-p/1684157

The overview table should be including these soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Marius,

thank you for informing us.

All the best,

Daniel

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

>> unique Generator ID in the upgrade wizard

I read the user guide - but still this is all a bit vague - anybody who can explain this?

Cheers

A

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,

The same feature it is introduced into the new version of ArcMC as I seen it.

I have made some investigation and I think that all the information that you are looking is covered into "SmartConnector_UserGuide.pdf" ( https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/ArcSight-SmartConnector-User-Guide-7-11-0/ta-p/1586784?nm=) starting with page  63.

All the best, 

Daniel

0 Likes
Rodee
Member.

In short, it looks like were guessing a random number and hoping it doesn't colide with another unique ID in the system. I don't get it, why is this a user problem?!

Unique GeneratorID :
unique Generator ID is required for connectors to generate unique Global Event IDs.
The valid Generator ID value is 1 to 16383.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. gcrespo1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi evansj58,

Essentially, you need a Unique ID to generate a Global Event ID. However, you can leave the option blank, so no changes will be made to your environment.

Tip: If your are using ArcMC, you can let it take care about this. Just enable the option "Generator ID Management"

Regards,

Gabriel Crespo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.