pankaj@crestdat Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does ESM dashboard provides Splunk like dropdown filters?

Hi,

I am collecting windows application logs from various windows machines (10-15) and showing them on a single dashboard at ESM.

I am not able to put a dropdown filter on my dashboard which lists all the windows machine, and let me select only few machines (multi select) to see the events for interested machines only.

Is this possible on ESM dashboard ?

Thanks,

Pankaj

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
pratikp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Does ESM dashboard provides Splunk like dropdown filters?

Hi Pankaj,

Yes, it is possible.

If you need dashboard to publish only application logs of specific machines , you have to provide condition for specific machines in your data monitor filter.

This will automatically populates data for specific machines.

If it is helping you, kindly mark my response as helpful so that others can make use of it.

Thanks,

Pratik

0 Likes
pankaj@crestdat Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Does ESM dashboard provides Splunk like dropdown filters?

Thanks for the reply Pratik..

I have been applying these filters through Data monitoring and I thought console interface is for development only.My concern is when I bundle all my DM, filters and dashboards as a package for end-user, he should be able to just install it once and then he should be able to change filters like Machine, Time range from dashboard itself and thus avoid  the interaction with console.

Is it possible ?

Thanks,

Pankaj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.