Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does each connector type create it's own service?

Hello,

We have 2 connector boxes, and we are planning to install them as a cluster for failover.This would also require service clustering, as per HP.

My query is that, does each type of connector create it's own service? For example:

We install a syslog connector as a service, snmp connector, windows event log connector, etc. Would all these create different services? If so, we would have to configure these many ip's for the cluster of each type of connector.

Any help on this is deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Does each connector type create it's own service?

Each is a separate process, but they don't need a separate IP address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for reply. we want to configure cluster for services, so I thought separate IPs required.

- Vishal K

Sent from Mobile Phone

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Maybe I did not understand the requirement. What is a cluster for services? Service clustering is not a term we usually use in the ArcSight terminology.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

actually, we were told about service clustering by hp. We have 2 connector servers on windows. We want to achieve failover, without duplication of events. So, ho suggested to configure the two servers in a windows cluster, and in addition also configure the connector services in a cluster. I hope, i explained clearly...

- Vishal K

Sent from Mobile Phone

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In general correctly setting up a failover cluster with failover IP is all that you need. Once you sorted out any duplicate port use on the primary, this would carry on to the secondary. However to achieve lossless duplicates free collection there might be specific considerations for each connector type. For example, using UDP for syslog or SNMP would never ensure lossless collection and switching to TCP is needed.

To close the loop on that, it would be great if you sent me privately the HP ticket number so I can understand more the specific recommendation given.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.