pratikp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[ERROR] The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

Dear All,

I am installing Checkpoint SmartConnector on CentOS platform.

I am trying to connect to Checkpoint management server using clear connection and had done necessary configuration at checkpoint end.

I am getting below error continuously and smartconnector is restarting

[ERROR]  The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

I am not sure which Checkpoint Advanced OPSEC Agent is referring to ?

Please assist in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik

Labels (1)
0 Likes
27 Replies
Aleccese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: [ERROR] The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

Hi,

you should check for more info contained in the logfiles. Moreover you can run the log retrieve command contained in the configuration guide, that sounds like this:

lea_client -m online -t clear -h <MGMT_CONSOLE_ADDRESS> -p 18184

you should also be able to enable debug on this, thus localizing what's going on.

Bye

Alex

0 Likes
Karl2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: [ERROR] The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

Hi guys,

I got the same problem, after some minutes/hours the connector gives me the error

[ERROR]  The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

The check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent refers to the checkpoint smartconnector, that attempted to restarted with no success.

I have also tried to read the output of the command suggested to debug, but nothing was seen.

The most strangest thing is that the same connector configured in another server(*unix) works fine, is there any extra library needed on windows servers (2008 R2)? The only error I can see is the previous mentioned.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Karl.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. andrew.dalbor Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: [ERROR]  The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

I have a very similar issue where the entire connector restarts 10-15 times a day because the lea_client crashes frequently.  I have a case open with support but they have been unable to find a resolution and have escalated to Tier3

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Sounds like the issue I have, the connector works fine sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, and is because of the the lea_client crushes. The 'workarround' is to restart the connector (you can even automatize this with a couple of rules) but is not a desirable behaviour at all. In case you finally find a valid solution, please post it.

Regards,

Karl.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. ankitsynx Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I had the same issue after upgrading connector. 

I was getting error "The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer." when i tried to run lea_client.exe.

Installing Visual C++ 2012 libraries fixed my issue.

Install it form below link  Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Please note: If you have 32 bit connector install the x86 version.

Ankit
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Re: [ERROR]  The Lea Client terminated unexpectedly, restart Check Point Advanced OPSEC Agent

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your suggestions, however when I attempted to install the vcredist_x86, I have realized that it was already installed in the server. I clicked on repair, and started the CP connector but same behaviour, after 30' the lea client crashes.

FYI, the CP connector is only available in 32bits package, because it uses some libraries that are actually in 32bits.

Best regards,

Karl.

0 Likes

Even with the necessary dll's the lea_client still throws application errors and crashes frequently.  Which causes the connector to restart constantly.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi Andrew,

Thats true, this happens continuesly and the connector service stops. Did you find a way to fix it?

At least for me, this situation only happened on windows servers, when I installed the same connector on Unix server, this works fine.

Do you know if there is something missing in windows environment?

Regards,

Karl.

0 Likes

I have still been unable to fix it.  The case I have is still open with support and so far they haven't been able to come up with anything (typical).

Once we get a resolution I will make sure to post it on this thread.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Meisch Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I gave up and put the unix connector in its place...  Really the only time you need a windows connector is if you need to use WINC.  The rest you can do with a Linux box.

Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. ankitsynx Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I recently upgraded another working CheckPoint connector to  version 7.3 and this started happening with this connector as well.

As i was already aware of dll issues i had already installed libraries on this one.

Connector sometimes runs for hours and sometimes for few minutes. Its random.

Ankit
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.