Established Member.. anwarrhce1
Established Member..

ESM 6.0 issues..

Jump to solution

Hello Everybody,

I was just doing testing with ESM 6.0 and found lot of issues:

I'm running this on CentOS 6.4.

1. It is tremoundusly slow comparing to ESM 5.2.

2. Console is responding two slow ( I did initial check for other troubleshooting like network or other. )

3. Found follwing error in log file which restarts the manager service after 10-15 mins.

ERROR  | wrapper  | 2013/05/13 18:45:27 | JVM appears hung: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.

ERROR  | wrapper  | 2013/05/13 18:45:27 | JVM did not exit on request, terminated

STATUS | wrapper  | 2013/05/13 18:45:28 | JVM received a signal SIGKILL (9).

4. Once service restarts it works fine for next 10-15 mins.

Is that a OS compatibility issue ? Should I try RHEL ? I don't think I'm missing any configuration change here.

Regards,

Anwar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member..

Re: ESM 6.0 issues..

Jump to solution

Well i was doing some r n d that time and couldn't find any root cause.. may b you can try to see ulimit settings and see if there are any errors in logs... after that did couple of real installations on real hardware and there was no issue..  and use RHEL..

Things to add:

1. ESM 6.0 release wasn't upto the mark as promised

2. There were heavy bugs related to AL, SL, Trends and reports.

I guess this thread should be marked as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Some figures:

[root@esm ~]# free -om

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem:          3832       3726        106          0          0         26

Swap:         5999       2995       3004

[root@esm ~]# iostat

Linux 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64 (esm)   05/13/2013      _x86_64_        (2 CPU)

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle

6.29    0.00    2.83   70.69    0.00   20.19

Device:            tps   Blk_read/s   Blk_wrtn/s   Blk_read   Blk_wrtn

scd0              0.00         0.02         0.00        384          0

sda             154.00      4192.95      4150.94   94261730   93317364

[root@esm ~]# vmstat

procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- --system-- -----cpu-----

r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in   cs us sy id wa st

0 14 3064636  87240   1156  30144  968 1000  1061  1050  593  745  6  3 20 71  0

[root@esm ~]# df -hT

Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda3     ext4     12G  3.4G  7.7G  31% /

tmpfs        tmpfs    1.9G  240K  1.9G   1% /dev/shm

/dev/sda1     ext4    194M   57M  128M  31% /boot

/dev/sda2      xfs     98G   17G   81G  18% /opt

0 Likes
chenselein1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Anwar,

i don't think it will bring you valuable information when you do a performance test on a heavily undersized Machine

The minimum requirement for a Small installation is according to the install Guide:

8 Cores and 32GB RAM

I totally agree that you can downsize this by quite some amount for testing purposes, but 2 cores and 4GB might really be too much - see your swap or the high iowait

BR,

Christoph

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Chris,

I'm not doing performance test, I'm just exploring new version and trying to see what's new

With same configuration my ESM 5.2 works pretty fine without any performance issue.

I have noticed iowait which is one of the problem. But if you see the other manager errors, what is causing the manager to restart and why JVM is going to hang again and again ?

Regards,

Anwar

0 Likes
Highlighted
robert.baumer@u Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Anwar,

Did you ever get resolution to this problem? I just installed AS6.0c and to be honest, it is so slow, most of the time the screen goes black and does not respond. This has nothing to do with my server as it is at 1%, my laptop is at 10%..... so what is going on????? I just upgraded my Java thinking that might be the problem. Did you find anything?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Well i was doing some r n d that time and couldn't find any root cause.. may b you can try to see ulimit settings and see if there are any errors in logs... after that did couple of real installations on real hardware and there was no issue..  and use RHEL..

Things to add:

1. ESM 6.0 release wasn't upto the mark as promised

2. There were heavy bugs related to AL, SL, Trends and reports.

I guess this thread should be marked as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.