Highlighted
adinnyes Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ESM 6.8 Patch2 Upgrade Path

Hi,

In the latest ESM Support Matrix document I found, ESM v6.8 Patch2 is not mentioned. Does 6.8 Patch2 support RHEL 6.4/6.5?

Why I am asking is the following:

6.8c supports only RHEL 6.4/6.5. 6.8 Patch2 adds support for RHEL6.6. Considering this the only upgrade path is the following:

6.8 running on RHEL 6.4/6.5 -> apply 6.8 Patch2 -> apply OS upgrade to RHEL 6.6

I have two concerns here:

1. No official nupport matrix information found for 6.8 Patch2 vs RHEL OS version.

2. In case of the need of new ESM installation(s), since 6.8 Patch2 has a prerequisite of 6.8c, we must have a RHEL 6.4/6.5 to be able to install ESM 6.8c for Patch 2 preparation while RHEL 6.5 is already EOL in our company.

Can anyone confirm the upgrade path? (6.8 running on RHEL 6.4/6.5 -> apply 6.8 Patch2 -> apply OS upgrade to RHEL 6.6)

Another possibility I see is: stop the ESM 6.8c suite  running on RHEL 6.4/6.5 - > upgrade RHEL to 6.6 -> apply 6.8 Patch2

Thanks and regards,

Andras

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
drbeanz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ESM 6.8 Patch2 Upgrade Path

Yes, according to the patch page (Hardware Platforms - OS Releases section), ESM 6.8c P2 is supported on the following OSes:

Linux: RedHat6.4 RedHat6.5 RedHat6.6 SuSE11 CentOS6.5 (emphasis mine)

0 Likes
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ESM 6.8 Patch2 Upgrade Path

Actually the is updated for patch 2.

Patch 2 adds support for RHEL 6.6 but does not remove any OS support which I think address your questions and concerns.

~ Ofer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.