Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ESM Appliance using ALL RAM

Jump to solution

So I have an ESM box with 32 GB of RAM; we have had performance issues so I bumped it up to 64GB today and within 20 minutes all 64GB were being used. I added 32, now we have 96, and in less than an hour, I have the below:

Any ideas?

wtfffff.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Linux simply manages memory this way - if you add another 32G, it will use that too.

To get a more true measurement of memory usage, use the "free" command.  The "-/+ buffers/cache" line shows you the adjusted memory values after the I/O cache is accounted for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I killed the JAVA and MYSQLD processes that were at the top, but it's slowly creeping back up

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Linux simply manages memory this way - if you add another 32G, it will use that too.

To get a more true measurement of memory usage, use the "free" command.  The "-/+ buffers/cache" line shows you the adjusted memory values after the I/O cache is accounted for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks! I feel better..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.