New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

ESM Console Crash : java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError : com.arcsight.ui

A few Windows 7 boxes are experiencing a problem where the ArcSight ESM console crashes during the log in process.  The full error log is attached.

Looks like java.lang.ExceptionInInitializeError in com.arcsight.ui components.  Like the process of loading the UI is crashing the application.

Any ideas on how to fix  this?  It is machine specific and affects all users that log into the machine.  Other machines with the same system image are able to launch the ArcSight console successfully.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

It seems your Console version is 5.0.2.6715.0. The below platforms are supported:

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2) 32 -bit

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2) 64-bit Microsoft

Windows Server 2008 SP2 64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 64-bit

Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 32-bit

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit

Are these your Windows 7 boxes 64-bit or 32-bit?

-Nellie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I think we had similar problem before. Have you tried to clean the console cache (delete all .ast files in the root console dir)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Win7 64 bit.  The console is working fine on numerous Win7 64 systems in the environment, it is only a few that have this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

That is what we ended up trying.  I deleted all of the ArcSight related files on the system disk and in user profiles.  All .ast files, etc.  Removed the console and reinstalled from an executable freshly downloaded from the HP Software site.

I am waiting to see if the problem reoccurs, in the past it always came back within a few days after the ArcSight console was reinstalled.  I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

The problem eventually came up again.  We think it may have something to do with roaming profiles in the environment because the systems this happens on are utilized by users with roaming profiles while all of the other systems have never had this problem and do not get used with roaming profiles.  We are going to disable roaming profiles entirely and see if that is the root cause.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.