Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM Express 6.9 upgrade path from 4.0 availability

I see that ESM Express 6.9.0 is available for download now, as announced during the Protect conference.

Is there any word on when an upgrade path will be available (even if only roughly) for existing 4.0 customers?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
42 Replies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I do not see it available, should I contact HP?

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

What product name is the upgrade listed under please?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Product #:TJ521DAE
Product name:HP ARST ESM Exp 6.91 Eng Appl SW E-Media
Version:6.91
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Only if you have a Gen 8 server.

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Can you state the name of the download?

I have the following, but it doesn't have a download for the ESM, only Console, SuperConnector and AssetModelImporter:

Product #:TJ521CAE
Product name:HP ARST ESM Exp 6.90 Eng Appl SW E-Media
Version:6.90
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thanks guys, this is great news.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The correct download is 6.91 and not 6.90.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It was missing and added to the ESM Express 6.91 media over the weekend.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Express is an appliance and not a blank slate HW server so a fresh install is not an option.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Vini,

While I understand the frustration, the gen7 appliances are close to their end of life and an in place upgrade would not provide significant benefit. Users - with the help of HPE - need to assess upgrade plans.

~ Ofer

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While mentioned in some other responses in this thread, it's worth reiterating: ESM Express 6.9.1 is now available for in place upgrade for existing Express 4.0 customers using AE-75xx (gen8) hardware.

~ Ofer

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ofer

Thanks for great news.

How about upgrading from Express 4.0 with corr-engine to ESM Express 6.9 c?

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.