Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

ESM Express 6.9 virtual appliance

Jump to solution

I currently have a a virtual appliance Express 4 for lab and demo purpose .

Could i fresh install express 6.9 over it or upgrade ?

Or will there be an express 6.9 Virtual Appliance download ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The virtual support policy is here:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Maged Mag,

Direct upgrade to ESM 6.9.1c is supported from 6.5c SP1 with the latest patches or ESM 6.8c, with the

latest patches. However ESM 6.8c does not support FIPS.

Note that HP does not support upgrades for AE 4.0 Patch 1 on G7 hardware. AE 4.0 Patch 1 upgrade is

only supported on G8 hardware. If AE installation has an ArcSight Express security update applied, the

ESM upgrade to 6.9.1c cannot proceed with the update in place. Follow the instructions in the

documentation that accompanies the ArcSight Express security update to remove the update before

proceeding with the ESM 6.9.1c upgrade

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Upgrade of AEVA to 6.9.1 is not supported.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Also, 6.9.1 is supported on a virtual platform.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Steve,

Is this documented somewhere? I cannot find it explicitly stated in release notes, support matrix or other documentation.

There are a few threads here about virtualization but it would be nice to have a more definitive stance from HPE.

We are currently looking at moving our Production environment to VM so would like to find such documentation to avoid any support headaches in the future.

Thanks

D

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The virtual support policy is here:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Steve,

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

D

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.