Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

ESM HA configuration

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Does ESM in HA has same IP/Host Name as primary ESM or is it diffrent?

If it is diffrent then how many IP/Host names do we need?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Darren

Really appriciate your support

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sandeep,

I am not really an HA expert, but it is my understanding that you will normally require 3 hostnames and 5 IP addresses.

1. The service hostname and IP  (Floating IP address for the cluster that moves between nodes).  This is how you access ESM with Command Center etc.
  2. The primary hostname and IP address (primary server)
  3. The secondary hostname and IP address (secondary server)
  4. Two IP addresses for the physical interconnect used by DRBD to synchronize disks between nodes

For more information,  please consult the "Network Requirements" section of the ESM High Availability Module User's Guide.   The ESM 7.0 Patch 1 version is here.

I hope that this helps,

Best regards,

Darren

ArcSight Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Darren

Really appriciate your support

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.