Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: ESM Health Monitoring

You may see if can get it bundled with Activate so that when Activate gets released to the public it will be included.  They were able to get ArsSight System Monitoring package added into the Activate package so I would imagine they could add yours as well.

ON a side note yesterday I was working with Fast Track and they asked about some of the data monitors\dashboards that we were using to give them the logs they needed, all from your package, without which they said we wouldnt be able to troubleshoot the issues we were having so I definitely think support\dev would be in favor of your package being on all customers ESM's as it would help them troubleshoot support issues.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Good to hear that.

Here's a call out to to have this included

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

R&D has looked into that and the scripting parts do not fit well into a product paradigm. We are planning to introduce an app store and I believe such a solution would fit there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Just a suggestion for those team working on the app store idea:  One of the biggest problems with packages like this one, or any of the ones included in ArcSight System Monitoring, or any of the others included in Activate, is that the packages are constantly evolving.  If we could "subscribe" to those packages in the app store then it would be great if the app store would let you know that the package was updated and prompt you to download\install the update, similar to the way the Google\Apple app store works, that way us customers arent always running outdated versions of these packages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Automated notifications should certainly be part of an app store, and I will forward your input to the team in charge. Automatic install on the other hand usually does not suit ArcSight customers organizational deployment processe, especially for security software.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Thank you for sending that there way.  I definately agree auto-install wouldnt be a good idea, but automatic notification so the customer could then approve\disappropve the package to update itself would be very helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Doron for wonderful package.

I am wondering if this can work on ESM 6.8c as well ???

Manoj S.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I'm glad you find it useful.

Give it a try, I haven't tried it yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

"set a CEF file connector to read from this file"

Are you saying to deploy a file connector on another Smart Connector to read the file(located at ESM), then forward the events back to ESM?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

You can deploy the smart connector on the server hosting the ESM then forward the events directly to ESM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Essentially, yes. You need a connector to read the file and send the data as events to ESM. See also shotoz's reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Doron,

What is the size that the stats.log file can grow to ?

Like can it grow to an unlimited size or is it limited in size ?

Does the scripts delete the info after a while  ?

Thanks, Offir

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.