Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ESM Health Monitoring

Hi Offir, thanks for the tip.

IIRC, there is no mechanism that will revolve the file in this package. Perhaps once can be introduced with logrotate or something similar, but I don't know how the connector will handle a new file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hello Doron,

I have got the file empty from information using a script and however after

The script ran the connector did not deliver any information because the scripts could not

Write to the new file I guess.

Eventually I had to get all subfolders under the smartconnectors installation folder Permissions using CHOWN for user ARCSIGHT.

Then I could restart the connector and it came back to fully functional operation.

Thank You,

Offir.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hello,

Your package is working beautifully, but however there is after all the changes made from the good guys in this forum,

Might some people need to change the next thing:

Under the "crontab -e" command and after removing the arcsight user from the command please remove ALL spaces and leave only ONE

space between the timing to the path, exactly like this example:

30 * * * * /opt/software/scripts/crontab_stats

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /opt/software/scripts/crontab_eps

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /opt/software/scripts/crontab_connector

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In reading all this, I was thinking why HPE does not provide this as a default package with the product?  Looks like I am not the only one. From 2014 to now, I have not seen anything remotely to provide this type of content and thus we are looking at a package someone was gracious to work on and share with the community.  Oh well.

So I will be going through and attempting to run this on a 6.8 SP2 version.  Yes like you mentioned too, I will be installing then going through all the changes needed to make it work that have been mentioned in this thread.

Could you share what pitfalls you have gone through and fixed?

Are you running 6.8.*?

Logs, logs and more logs
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi @dkeller

i liked the idea of the post it is very helpful for arcsight administrators , i am trying it with esm 6.9 i downloaded the package but i don`t find the arst_stats script can you upload it 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi @Sadek Abdelnaser, sorry but I don't have it anymore. Is it possible that it's a file resource in the arb? 

Perhaps someone on this forum has it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi @dkeller,

Thanks for your response i will look again for it and try to redo it  i like the idea of this package it is very helpful for those who administrate the box 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

how successful is this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.