Lieutenant
Lieutenant

ESM Integration with service now

Hi,

I have integrated the ESM with service now by running managersetup command and I am able to export ESM case to service now manually but I want to do it automatically. 

Can anyone help me in this?

Thanks

7 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hello,

if I'm not mistaken, you can use rule action "Export to external syslem". Take a look in to a Console User Guide, it should be there in some detailes.

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

I have checked, but didn't get anything regarding this and if I check the "export to external system" there is nothing to select.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Depends on what you expecting and what ESM can do. Few words from Console guide ESM (7.0 Patch 1) Page 627:

If you have an integration to an external case management system, you can transfer cases from the
Cases resource tree to the external system as XML by doing the following.
1. Select the Cases resource tree in the Navigator panel.
2. Right-click a case and select Export > Export to External System.
The Case Editor displays a message informing you of a successful transfer. Exported cases also display a
flagged icon indicating the case has been exported. The output file is stored in the Manager’s
archives/exports/ directory.
You are responsible for configuring your external case management system to consume the XML file.

BUT, FIRSTLY:

* ESM must be configured to integrate with ServiceNow® ITSM. Verify with the ESM administrator
who installed ESM. If the integration was not done, or if you upgraded from an older ESM version
when the feature was not available, run the Manager setup wizard and enter the integration
parameters.

Refer to the ESM Installation Guide and follow instructions for integrating with ServiceNow® ITSM in
"Configure Integration with ServiceNow® IT Service Management (ITSM) - Optional".

Refer to the ESM Administrator's Guide and follow instructions for running the Manager setup
wizard in "Running the Wizard."

* After you successfully integrate ESM with ServiceNow® ITSM, the option to export to this application
is enabled on the Console. The integration also adds a field, ServiceNow® ITSM ID, to all case
editors. This field is populated by the system after a particular case is exported to ITSM.
l The ServiceNow® ITSM application must be up and running. You must have login privileges to the
application. You must know how to use the application.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

Yes you are right, I am able to do it all these things but, Manually. I want to do it automatically, I want to make a action that If any case generate, It will forward to Service Now ticketing tool.

But, I am unable to do it.

Thanks

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

What is your ESM version and OS?

Do you have a rule, that creating cases automaticaly? I mean ESM cases, without transfering it to Service Now.

* If Service Now has a trial, I can try to do it on my test env.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

ESM version - 7.0 patch1

OS- Centos

Yes, I have selected one rule "connector service down" ( you can find this in Arcsight administrator tree) which creates ESM cases. 

Sorry I do not have the trial version as Its production environment as even I do not have credentials of it.

Thanks

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi, 

Now I know that how can we send cases to service now, for this we required one service now package for it. So, If anyone have please share with me. 

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.