Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
sanhyongt1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM - Operations tab in ACL

Hi All,

I have been trying to understand the details / purposes of what each Operation in the User Group ACL constitutes.

Appreciate any help to enlighten me on my understanding for below.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I confirm as per ESM Express 6.9.1C, that my current brief understanding are as below:

Please kindly let me know if the operations applies to one or both (ArcSight Command Center AND/OR ArcSight Console)

#################################################

For [Permissions] tab, this applies to what you can access (view-only OR create / modify configuration) on ArcSight Console; all resources as per listed in the drop-down list.

For [Operations] tab, this applies to what you can do mostly on web-based ArcSight Command Center; and as per available Operations below:

ArcSight ConnApp - Able to update details of connector under [Registered Connectors] on Command Center

ArcSight Risk Insight - (This is an add-on purchase as an Application - showing an overview of top risk asset / incidents) on Command Center

ArcSight System - Case Operations - Able to delete Cases on both ArcSight Console and Command Center

ArcSight System - Data Monitor - Able to deploy/un-deploy data monitor on ArcSight Console only

ArcSight System - Fieldset, Peer, Saved Search, Scheduled Search, Search Filter, Summary - These are all pertaining to what can be done on the Logger functionality on Command Center

OperationsApplies to
ArcSight ConnApp - AdminCommand Center
ArcSight ConnApp - ReaderCommand Center
ArcSight Risk Insight - AdminCommand Center
ArcSight Risk Insight - EditorCommand Center
ArcSight Risk Insight - ReaderCommand Center
ArcSight System - Case OperationsCommand Center
ArcSight System - Case Operations - Case DeleteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Data MonitorConsole
ArcSight System - Data Monitor - DeployConsole
ArcSight System - Domain???
ArcSight System - Domain - Author???
ArcSight System - Fieldset Operations - ReadCommand Center
ArcSight System - Fieldset Operations - WriteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Peer Operations - ReadCommand Center
ArcSight System - Peer Operations - WriteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Peer Operations - Search RemoteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Saved Search Operations - ReadCommand Center
ArcSight System - Saved Search Operations - WriteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Scheduled Search Operations - ReadCommand Center
ArcSight System - Scheduled Search Operations - WriteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Search Filter Operations - ReadCommand Center
ArcSight System - Search Filter Operations - WriteCommand Center
ArcSight System - Search Operations - SearchCommand Center
ArcSight System - Summary OperationsCommand Center
ArcSight System - Summary Operations - Field Summary ReadCommand Center
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.