Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ESM Scheduled Job not running

I have a weekly report that is scheduled to run every Friday at 1000. 

I can run it manually without issue, using the default parameters and it will email to the address in the defaults.

However, when the scheduled job is supposed to run, I get no email. The job shows up in the Scheduled Jobs page and shows the most recent (this morning's) has run Successfully. It also shows next week's as Pending and the jobs before it as Successful. 

Is there a log that might show any errors that may be causing this job to not actually run?

TIA

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Try running an Active Channel with the following filter.  This filter will retrieve all ArcSight audit events related to reports.

deviceEventClassId CONTAINS "report"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Steven, 

look into the server.log* at the time when the schedule suppose to run and try to understand what it is happening with the scheduled task.

Base on the version of ESM those logs can be found in :

/opt/arcsight/var/logs/manager/default - starting with ESM 7.x to newer version.

/opt/arcsight/manager/logs/default - from ESM 6.11 to older version of ESM.

Best Regards, 

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for the replies!

I am able to see the report:100 and report:104 events for the start and end of the report generation. I can also see the entries in the server.log file showing the scheduled job starting and completing.

However, I do not see anything in the server.log that would indicate why this report would not email as part of the scheduled job, nor any reference to the report emailing successfully on subsequent reports. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Steven, 

so the issue is not with the reports itself is due to the fact that you cannot send the e-mail that contain the report.

What version of ESM you have?

Did you test to see if you can really send e-mails from ESM ?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.