Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

ESM hardware monitoring

Hello,

We have a couple of newer ESM "appliances" running RHEL 7.4 and ESM 7.0P1.  I guess ESM is not a true "appliance" so the health monitoring that we get on the ADP boxes is not there.  However on our older (now end-of-support) ESM's I could run HP's HPACUCLI utility to see the status of drives / controllers etc.   I seem to recall this utility was included in the ESM appliance as delivered. 

However I don't see this utility installed on the newer ESM's - I don't have a good view into the health of the disks or controller h/w and would like to fix that. 

I'm sure I've asked this question a while back, but just wondering if anyone in the community with ESM appliances has a preferred solution or uses the hpacucli tool.  Or why MicroFocus no longer included this utility on ESM appliance option? 

Thanks...  

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ESM hardware monitoring

Hey Tony,

did you try to put the latest patch "https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03385208" and see if those HP utilities are installed under the OS?

A good idea will be to open a case with support and ask?

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: ESM hardware monitoring

@Ionut Daniel Mosoiu - thanks for the reply.  After a bit of searching I found what's installed on the newer ESM is the HP Smart Storage Administrator CLI (HPSSACLI) .  As opposed to the HP Array Configuration Utility CLI (HPACUCLI) on the older ESM.  The commands / functionality appear to be the same / similar at least for my immediate purposes (e.g. showing the controller and disk status).  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.