adinnyes Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ESM reports are saved on the server ?

Hi,

If any scheduled report is being generated in ESM, where I can find it on the file system of the server ? I have tried to find the related csv on CLI, but did not find anything.

We need to set up a cronjob that sends over the reports from CLI via SFTP.

Thanks,

Andras

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ESM reports are saved on the server ?

When you create a report, there is an option to select Jobs - from the Jobs tab. When you do this, you will see a dialog box as below. Basically it means you can set a schedule for the reports to be run, but it will also drop the report to a folder as needed.

Capture.JPG

Note how you can define the folder name, report name AND you can define the process for cleaning up the reports after a period of time. The idea is that if you have this setup like this, you can generate reports and have them available for when you want them, without having to run them again.

Running a report from the GUI will generate them there and then, but won't necessarily save them. But no need to resort to Cron and self managing - its all embedded in the system!

0 Likes
adinnyes Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Paul, this is very helpful.

Why we'd like to utilize cron to do the transfer is the fact that the receiving party does not want to get the report in email, they need to have it trasferred to their linux box.

Regards,

Andras

0 Likes
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ah, I get it - thats fine. Use the scheduled job to run and create the report, drop it in a folder that is relevant and then have the cron job to copy the file to a different location? Is that it? If so, thats fine. Or you can map the folder to some other server. Email sending of reports is fine, but never been a fan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Actually I just asked this question to support and here is what I got:

You can find the reports archived on the /opt/arcsight/manager/reports/archive/Archived Reports.Meta.Group/

And low and behold they're all there in whatever format they ran as.

Hopefully this helps

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.