william.schroed Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ESM6 ingest first indication of something else bad..?

Jump to solution

I recently had a health check performed and the ESM crashed and burned while he was here. The fix mentioned above was added and I am running at 44K EPS with a load of ~10 for two weeks straight without any issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted
pavel.novotny Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello all,

After the EPS load is doubled - from 2000 EPS to 4000 EPS - we have the performance issue too - here are some details:

https://protect724.hp.com/message/54348#54348

So far the point is to check in server BIOS if Hyper-threading is enabled or disabled.

Pavel

0 Likes
Answer Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Pavel,

Like I said in your other thread, I'm pretty sure HT won't fix anything. The only fix seems to be the additionnal java line.

0 Likes
Established Member.. raymond.doty
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I agree to a point with Answer.  I think the HT change is not a bad idea based on some research we did internally, but most of our issues were software related, not hardware unfortunately.  If you're going the route of checking hardware and BIOS, some HP servers have power profile issues as well which can cause slowness.

Having a performance problem hard to resolve? – Have you checked your host BIOS lately… | VMware vSphere Blog - VMware B…

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.