hybiepoo Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error (java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to process more than 1048576 blocks with TripleDES)

Jump to solution

I get this error when trying to manage a connector in ArcMC 2.6 and connector version 7.3.0.7886.0.

Anyone seen this error before?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbraam1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Error (java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to pr...

Jump to solution

This is most likely a bug in ArcMC.

I get exact the same error after ArcMc is running a while. I'ts not related to the smartconnector but to the ArcMC version 2.6.0.2005.0

With the ArcMc 2.5 id idn't get this error. To solve it temp you have to restart the arcmc service.

I opened a case @ HP support, and told them there is a bug in their software, but then i had to do too much work in their slow support portal  (collect & upload logs, answer questions) to get it resolved. For now i decided to wait until more people have the same bug and in the meanwhil restart the arcmc service every day.

Pleas Everyone that have this error message open a support case so HP realizes it's a bug in their software and not a failure on client side.

Cheers and good luck!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rbraam1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is most likely a bug in ArcMC.

I get exact the same error after ArcMc is running a while. I'ts not related to the smartconnector but to the ArcMC version 2.6.0.2005.0

With the ArcMc 2.5 id idn't get this error. To solve it temp you have to restart the arcmc service.

I opened a case @ HP support, and told them there is a bug in their software, but then i had to do too much work in their slow support portal  (collect & upload logs, answer questions) to get it resolved. For now i decided to wait until more people have the same bug and in the meanwhil restart the arcmc service every day.

Pleas Everyone that have this error message open a support case so HP realizes it's a bug in their software and not a failure on client side.

Cheers and good luck!

View solution in original post

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks, I will restart first and if that fixed it, I will put a support ticket in.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks rbraam1. A restart of ArcMC fixed it. Can you tell me what your Case ID is so I can refer to it when I open my one?
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. checky04 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi! I rebooted my ArcMC Appliance and the error went away. But now im getting this issues "Valid Marketplace certificate not found in ArcMC" and my "Parser version out-of-date status unknown"
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Exitwounds Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

@checky04

To disable the Marketplace notification:

1.) SSH into your ArcMC server.
2.) # cd /opt/arcsight/arcmc/config/logger/
3.) # vi logger.defaults.properties
4.) Add # to the following lines:
#marketplace.domain=marketplace.saas.hpe.com
#marketplace.parser.update.app.name=ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update
#marketplace.parser.update.latest.versions.count=6
#arcmc.retrieve.parser.update.version.interval.hours=336

-----------
The first civilian U.S. Government contractor to utilize ArcSight circa 2000 (http://ow.ly/HdtU30ffUDY). Harris Corporation | Technology to Connect, Inform and Protect. | https://www.harris.com
Highlighted
Meisch Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
I get the same thing too... Anyone put in a case and get a response?
Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Error (java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to process more than 1048576 blocks with TripleD

Jump to solution

Yep - here too, almost on a daily basis. Adding this to a list of bugs / issues I am stumbling over in ArcMC 2.6, which is proving to be a horrible product / version in the last couple weeks. My favorite though is the constant stream of "sorry, there was an error" messages across the entire suite of managed connectors. Like others I don't have time to maintain a stream of support tickets, will basically not use this product until a stable release is available.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Exitwounds Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

checky04

To disable the Marketplace notification:

1.) SSH into your ArcMC server.

2.) # cd /opt/arcsight/arcmc/config/logger/

3.) # vi logger.defaults.properties

4.) Edit the following to # out the below lines:

#marketplace.domain=marketplace.saas.hpe.com

#marketplace.parser.update.app.name=ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update

#marketplace.parser.update.latest.versions.count=6

#arcmc.retrieve.parser.update.version.interval.hours=336

-----------
The first civilian U.S. Government contractor to utilize ArcSight circa 2000 (http://ow.ly/HdtU30ffUDY). Harris Corporation | Technology to Connect, Inform and Protect. | https://www.harris.com
0 Likes
sgurley1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Error (java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to process more than 1048576 blocks with TripleD

Jump to solution
I agree with rbraam1. The only way to fix it was to restart the ArcMC services.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.