sdesruelles Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error on import csv (network model)

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum so please excuse me if this is not the proper way to ask my question.

I am trying to import a csv file where my assets ranges are stored, the datas are well printed on the importation dashboard, however, when I click on next on the summary of Data to Import, I got an error message: "Invalid archive: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference."

I googled it and it seems related to XML but I have no clue on what this message means regarding my import, could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

KR,

Sebastien

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error on import csv (network model)

Jump to solution

I've ran into similar errors before as well.

Check the file for special characters.

There is probably an "&" somewhere there.

-Samer

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I've ran into similar errors before as well.

Check the file for special characters.

There is probably an "&" somewhere there.

-Samer

0 Likes
Established Member.. kinneysr
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Sebastien -

What version of ESM are you running?  Further, did you make an export from another ESM (the same version) and in turn are importing into the == version of ESM?  Do you have a sample of the csv file?

scotty

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Samer,

Thank you for that, that was so obvious I missed a '&' in my file...

BTW slash chars are allowed in the file but the import will fail later.

KR,

Sebastien

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Scotty,

Thank you for your reply but the problem has been solved, it was a mistake on my part.

KR,

Sebastien

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.