Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error while upgrading software logger.

HI Team,

I was upgrading the software logger from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1.

While upgrading the process came up with an error as

UPGRADE INSTALLATION PREPARATION FAILED.

Failure occured during the following phase:

start

Typr 'Quit' to exit the installer.

Can any one help me on this.

Regards

Gaurav

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hard to say what the problem is to start with. Have you checked in the release guide around the pre-requisits and what this means? There are a number of checks to do and please, make sure you have backed up the configuration before you do ANY upgrade!

Also, you should look for the upgrade log file. It should be created in the logs folder where the Logger installation is (depending on how far the installation got) or in the local folder where you launched the install from. From there it should say what the failed check was and what the problem is - logs generated are pretty good, so best to start there.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi,

Is this problem already solved?

I have the same situation.

Where is the location of the upgrade file log?

Thanks

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hello,

Locate the file "logger_init_driver.log" and check for the errors.

Regards
Sharan Bhat
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.