Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Event Annotation Filter Conditions Are Not Working After ESM 6.9.1 Upgrade

After a recent ESM upgrade to 6.9.1 we noticed that filter conditions in active channels relating to event annotations stopped working properly.  For example, using the condition Event Annotation Stage != closed does not effectively interpret the condition and will still pull back events where this condition is true.  This is affecting some of the workflows we have established.

A support ticket was opened and I was told this is a recently discovered bug (NGS-9761) that is affecting other customers as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and have you found any temporary workarounds until HP can fix the bug?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Event Annotation Filter Conditions Are Not Working After ESM 6.9.1 Upgrade

I am having a similar issue where Activate main channel is not picking up the "triage" events. However, on another 6.9.1 ESM it works fine. Has anyone confirm the bug and what is the work around?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Chris,

You are saying that this issue occurs on only part of your 6.9.1 ? Can you please confirm ?

Why I am asking is because we have just upgraded all of our environment to 6.9.1 and encountered into the same and it is reported to affect ALL devices while you are saying yours are affected partially only and I'd like to get an inside on the nature of this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Yes it depends on what specifically you are trying to do. It's very hard to pin point , I spent quite some time comparing two instances of 6.9.1. Good News is that all of this is fixed with 6.9.1 Patch 2. Good luck!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Christopher and others,

I'd like to clarify a bit here so that you all do not get the wrong idea about this fix.

In 6.9.1c Patch 2, related bug NGS-20938 was fixed which focused on the "!=" operator and any annotation stage EXCEPT the "Queued" stage.  NGS-9761 specifically focuses on the "!=" operator and the "Queued" stage, and is a lot more difficult to fix.  A workaround would be to use an "In" operator to specify the acceptable annotation stages that are NOT queued.

Thanks and Regards,

Michael Lumsden

ESM Product Manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Michael, thanks for the clarification.

-Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.