Frequent Contributor.. jkajd Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Event Broker Deployment - Error while pulling image

Hi,

I try to deploy ArcSight Event broker in ArcSight Installer and I have error "Error while pulling image atlas-kafka-manager" and  "Error while pulling image atlas-zookeeper"

When I try :

kubectl describe pods eb-kafka-manager-*

I see

"Warning FailedSync Error syncing pod, skipping: failed to "StartContainer" for "atlas-kafka-manager" with ErrImagePull: "Error while pulling image: Get http://127.0.0.1:5000/v1/repositories/arcsightsecurity/atlas_kafka-manager/images: read tcp 127.0.0.1:59008->127.0.0.1:5000: read: connection reset by peer""

Has anyone seen thiss error?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. davharris@deloi1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Event Broker Deployment - Error while pulling image

I get that error but it still works. Did you push the latest 2.02 images?

What environment are you running it in? Cloud?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

I pushed arcsight-eventbroker-2.02.0-images_66_4f7e26.tar. I have offline instalation.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

I pushed arcsight-eventbroker-2.02.0-images_66_4f7e26.tar. I have offline instalation.

0 Likes
Xbitium Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

short answer, rebuild your linux OS, make sure firwalld is running and disable selinux. We had same issue, but couldn't determine the cause, but our system was DoD Stig, so we re-installed linux without Stig and it worked fine. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Then I'm assuming that you re-STIGd and everything continued working correctly?

0 Likes
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Check the /etc/hosts/ file on all of the nodes and make sure that 127.0.0.1 isn't commented out. We are in a STIG'd environment and that is what I discovered to cause a similar (if not exact) issue. Once we took away the comment from the localhost loopback address (127.0.0.1), the issue was resolved. Not really sure what caused those to be commented in the first place though...definitely not a STIG configuration for RHEL 7 boxes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.