PeSeKa Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Event archive disk space used

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have an ESM appliance with Express 7.0, and Event Archive Disk Space Used is 96%. 

I tried to increase the parameter (default is 317 GB, I encrease to 370 GB) "logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb"  from "/opt/arcsight/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/logger.properties" file, but but, even if the parameter contains the new value assigned by me, in reality it has not been modified because on the express it is always the old value and there is always the warning.

Help me, please.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Event archive disk space used

Jump to solution

Hi,  

as I know for appliances the value of the archive is embedded into the code to 200G and the reason it is simple.

The entire storage has all the space already defined during the initialization and adding logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb"  will not help you. In reality, it is even worse than you are thinking because the entire storage definition for events will be affected. 

Reason:  increase more than 200 GB then theMaximumSizeOfStorageVolume will be affected according to the formula "MaximumSizeOfStorageVolume = TotalDiskSize * 0.9 - SystemStorageSize - EventArchiveSize". 

where EventArchiveSize=logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb

The only solution is to move the old archive to another location. If you want them to use to make them searchable then you need to bring them back. 

I am I encourage you to read the product documentation and for more information regarding storage explanations please read the document  ESM_CommandCenter_UserGuide_7.0.pdf to be more familiar with the solution.

All the best, 

Daniel

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

As far as I know, you can't change the archive size on ESM Express.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi,  

as I know for appliances the value of the archive is embedded into the code to 200G and the reason it is simple.

The entire storage has all the space already defined during the initialization and adding logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb"  will not help you. In reality, it is even worse than you are thinking because the entire storage definition for events will be affected. 

Reason:  increase more than 200 GB then theMaximumSizeOfStorageVolume will be affected according to the formula "MaximumSizeOfStorageVolume = TotalDiskSize * 0.9 - SystemStorageSize - EventArchiveSize". 

where EventArchiveSize=logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb

The only solution is to move the old archive to another location. If you want them to use to make them searchable then you need to bring them back. 

I am I encourage you to read the product documentation and for more information regarding storage explanations please read the document  ESM_CommandCenter_UserGuide_7.0.pdf to be more familiar with the solution.

All the best, 

Daniel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.