Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
g38 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Expirience to write flex for MS Access

Jump to solution

Hi, everyone!
Anybody has experience to write a flex for ms access (ID based DB).
I know that today ms access doesn't support.
I try to use flex version 7.0.7 x32
OC Win 7
DB MS Access, and when installing flex i have issues
Small description about my parameters
choose DB JDBC Driver - sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Database URL - my system disc:\dir\filename.mdb
User -
Pass -
Configuration Folder - i created folder in ARCSIGHT_HOME\user\agent\flexagent\*here*  and inside create file same the folder name. File name is *here*.sdkibdatabase.properties
And when i click next i see:
Connector parameters did not pass the verification with error [0:Unable to open a connection to [C:\flex_db\record.mdb].
(No suitable driver found for C:\flex_db\record.mdb)]. Do do still want to continue.

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,799][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][decrypt] Could not decrypt the value using new method, trying the older methods

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,799][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][setAgentProperty] Unable to properly set the property, Agent Not registered

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,799][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][decrypt] The value could not be decrypted successfully. Tried both new and old methods. The original value may be a plain text value or encrypted using a different method. Returning the original value without decrypting it

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,799][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][decrypt] Could not decrypt the value using new method, trying the older methods

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,814][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][decryptOld] Unable to decrypt the obfuscated value using the older mechanisms...trying the oldest method

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,814][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][setAgentProperty] Unable to properly set the property, Agent Not registered

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,814][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][decrypt] The value could not be decrypted successfully. Tried both new and old methods. The original value may be a plain text value or encrypted using a different method. Returning the original value without decrypting it

[2016-09-12 15:22:33,814][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.flexagent._FlexIdBasedDatabaseAgent][verifyParameters]

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for C:\flex_db\record.mdb

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:602)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)

at com.arcsight.agent.sdk.c.h.s.a(s.java:1035)

at com.arcsight.loadable.soap.v1.CWSAPIBase.verifySimpleParameters(CWSAPIBase.java:588)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)

at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rodion Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Expirience to write flex for MS Access

Jump to solution

Hi, Alexey!

Assume you have 64bit win7:

Go to  %WinDir%\syswow64

Run odbcad32.exe

Create odbc data source for you .mdb file, for example, named mymdb

In connector, user URL jdbc:odbc:mymdb

Read data by connector.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Rodion Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, Alexey!

Assume you have 64bit win7:

Go to  %WinDir%\syswow64

Run odbcad32.exe

Create odbc data source for you .mdb file, for example, named mymdb

In connector, user URL jdbc:odbc:mymdb

Read data by connector.

0 Likes
g38 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, Rodion Chekharin.

thanks for answer. I did how u recomended for me and it's helped

Now I have issue only with "connector parameters did not pass the verification with error... unable to detect database version".

Think it my incorrect parameters in sdkibdatabase.properties.

If u have same working example for ID or Time based config with\without sample Access DB it will VERY helps me with this flex

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.