UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Export_System_Tables and configbackup - do I need to stop the Manager (or other) services (ESM 6.9)?

Hello, one of my old ESM cheat sheets (6.0 / 6.5) has instructions to stop logger_servers  before running the configbackup command, similarly - it says to stop manager service before running the export_system_tables command. 

Reading the ESM 6.9 documentation I don't see any instructions to stop any services before running either of these commands.  

Sanity check - do I need to stop services?  If so, why don't the docs state this?  

Thanks....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies

No you don't 

We have scheduled the export system tables 2 times daily without stoping any services. We have version 6.8 and 6.9. ESM may express some discomfort of doing so but it will execute. 

Regards

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

No need to stop

Just to be on the safe side I performed full disaster recovery with system tables that were backed up from a running ESM and the recovery worked great

Best regards

David 

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

David / David - thanks for the sanity checks.  Today I ran the export_system_tables command wth all services running, it gave me a warning that manager should be stopped first, followed by  "Sleep for 30 seconds".  Follwed by "Logging successful system tables export".  So I assume it's all good.  

Unless I'm doing some other content related changes at the same time, or something sql related that might bang into the export, then I guess I can assume it's not a problem..

Thanks for the replies....  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.