Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Express/Logger Deployment Scenario - Your Experience?

Jump to solution

I'm Glad Suresh. But you need to keep it in mind. The Above Rule automation works on Logger Forwarding connector agent down audit event. For power failure or crash or glitches, If no audit event above solution won't make sense.

So better include a AL to monitor the Event activity/Connector Status as well to make this solution perfect

0 Likes
rburra251 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. it really helps.

I have a query with the approach that was followed. 

If logger is down and connector 01 that is supposed to forwards logs to logger primarily will now start sending logs to express.

How do we make sure that the missing logs are synchronized between the logger and express once the logger is up and running?

my approach/solution - all the cached logs will be forwarded from connector to logger once the logger is up. please confirm if this is correct.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

0 Likes
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Rahul,

My approach will take care of it there. If the Primary is down. The connector will cache it anyway until the logger is up under Primary destination. And the Express will stop the secondary event flow from Connector once the Logger is up. There will be no missing logs there.

Cons:

Logger Forwarder issues will trigger the Secondary flow to Express

And on Synchronization part it will happen anyway but there will be expected duplication. Since Primary destination will cache and forward once the logger is up.

Additional mechanism required if there is no Connector down status events and network fluctuations.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.