Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Failed Connector Upgrade

Connector upgrade from 7.5 to 7.6 is failing with error, "Failed to retrieve the file set descriptor for current agent version". How do you solve this issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

1) Are you upgrading via ESM or manually (running install file on SmartConnector host) ?
2) Please try both ways to see if you have same issue.

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

1) I tested and I get following error on my SmartConnector framework 7.6.0:
[2018-03-26 17:13:05,169][FATAL][default.com.arcsight.agent.a8.b][loadLocalFileSetDescriptor] Failed to retrieve the file set descriptor for current agent version [7.6.0.8009.0]

2) In my case this happenede as I removed the *.xml files that are located on following path:
<connector_home>/current/

3) File set descriptor is a list of files comprising a release. This includes a MD5 checksum to be used for comparing files between two releases.

4) On my default SmartConnector 7.6.0 install I had following files:
agents-7.6.0.8009.0-common.xml
agents-7.6.0.8009.0-win32.xml
agents-7.6.0.8009.0-win64.xml

5) Is there a possibility:
a) That files are not there in your scenario ?
b) That something happened to files ?
c) That files have diffrent permissions then the rest of the files ?

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi!  Have you fix your issue? I have the same issue right now. THanks!

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

We also receiving this message

[2018-03-26 14:52:20,633][FATAL][default.com.arcsight.agent.hg.m][loadLatestFileSetDescriptor] Failed to retrieve the file set descriptor for the latest agent version [7.7.0.8044.0]

Trying to update remotely from 7.1.6 to 7.7.0 via ESM and ArcMC and would like to avoid local upgrading.

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Did you ever solve this? I'm having same error now upgrading from 7.3 to 7.13.

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi,

My name is Viviana, I've started the upgrade process of a container, the log registered some error and the process is "frozen".

The error is Failed to retrieve the file set descriptor for the latest agent version [7.13.0.8194.1]. 

Could you give an idea to solve this issue.

Thanks

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Viviana,

from which version of Smart Connector are you upgrading.

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi,

I am updating from 5.2.7.6567.0 to 7.13.0.8194.1

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Viviane,

it's a quite old version of Smart Connector that you want to upgrade and in the meantime 7.13 it's 64 bit.

Please, can you share with us if the SM it's managed by and ArcMC and if yes this ArcMC is an appliance or software version?

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi,

I confirm you that i have been updated the arcmc, in this moment it is in 2.9.1 version and i am trying to update from version  7.9 to 7.12, but i am getting this error Failed to retrieve the file set descriptor for the latest agent version [7.12.0.8149.0]

ArcMC is an appliance and the update is doing from the arcmc, is not make from the esm.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

upgrade your ArcMC to 2.92 version and please follow the  information form ArcMC release notes or Admin Guide related to:

"Bulk emergency restore: Users can perform emergency restore of multiple local containers at once. This feature also provides a way to migrate local containers from 32 bit to 64 bit. The existing connector the configuration will be preserved after the migration process."

Also, you can follow the thread "https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/Migrate-from-32-bit-connector-to-64-bit-connector/m-p/2696232#M47754"

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.