Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. psantiamo Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Feeding information into Remedy ticket

I use ArcSight ESM 6.5.

I have rule setup so when a event X happens, ESM notifies a technician. The technician must gather the relevant information from ArcSight and enter them into Remedy.

I'm exploring ways to get that information into Remedy automatically.

I have a proven email template whereby if I fill in the information, I can create a Remedy ticket.

Is there a way to use this email template in ArcSight, then have ArcSight email it to Remedy. It seems like a rule with notification, but that won't work.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
MarkSamark Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Feeding information into Remedy ticket

You can use velocity templates for a predefined format and a different template can be created for each different rule if required.

These templates are stored in the /opt/arcsight/manager/config/notifications directory from the top of my head.

When send notification is enabled and the created template refers correctly it will specify the correct template.

0 Likes
Michel Beaudry Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Patrick,

Remedy integration has been available for quite a while with

You should have a look into this document.

0 Likes
MarkSamark Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

True, there is a Remedy Action connector as well, you might have to check whether that is supported with the version of Remedy you are running.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.