yrral Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Flex Connector JDBC driver (cannot get it working)

Jump to solution

Hey guys,

Im having the most difficult time trying to get a jdbc driver to work with a time based flex connector. (Teradata JDBC driver)

I cannot get the driver to show up in the "Database JDBC Driver" drop down menu.

Unfortunately, all I have been provided is a jar file form Teradata.  Ive dropped the jar file into the "\current\user\agent\lib" directory, but it still doesn't show up.  Ive tried several different versions of driver file, no luck.

I have installed the driver on the windows box itself, and can make connections to the database using their proprietary db-connector.

I did see an article that said, try specifying the name of the driver in the agent.properties file, then it might show up in the drop down.  Ive tried several names (one i saw on their specific db-connector string), but still no dice.

I saw something else that stated you might need to add the jar file to the class-path.  I noticed several scripts in the scripts directory "classpath.bat and classpathadd.bat", no dice there either.

Please Help!

any tips are greatly appreciated..

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yrral Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Flex Connector JDBC driver (cannot get it working)

Jump to solution

Paul,

that tool you just mentioned set me on the right track.

The tool gives me the class name I should use, as well as the url format. <VERY HELPFUL>

so I updated my agent.prop file as follows.

agents[0].JDBCDriver=com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver

and

agents[0].url=jdbc:teradata://<MYSERVER>/<database>,1025

BUT,

• Im using domain authentication and its kicking out the below message (in agent.log)

[2016-01-12 14:02:31,234][FATAL][default.com.arcsight.agent.sdk.d.b.k][processQuery()]

java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.42] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

• after reviewing the info at the bottom of this site:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19776230/connecting-java-and-teradata-the-userid-password-or-account-is-invalid

I updated my JDBC url as such:

agents[0].url=jdbc:teradata://<MYSERVER>/database=<MYDB>,LOGMECH=LDAP

The above line basically just adds in the Logon Mechanism (which in my case is LDAP)

here is the

Thanks for your help Paul !

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I dont think it will actually appear in some cases. The way I have always done it in the past is to create the URL using something else that I know is built in, such as the Oracle one, then let it fail on the install. When complete, just go back to the text file and manually add it.

An alternative way is to use a much more sophisticated way to address this - such as using DBViz (Database Management Software Tools - DbVisualizer). Download the free version, import the Terradata driver, use the wizard to create the URL and check you have access. The great thing for DBViz is that it will actually create the URL for you and you can copy and paste it from there.

I have always found that some JDBC drivers construct weird URL's that dont make a lot of sense, so its good to have it created for you and that way you can't (shouldnt) get it wrong.

0 Likes
yrral Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Paul,

that tool you just mentioned set me on the right track.

The tool gives me the class name I should use, as well as the url format. <VERY HELPFUL>

so I updated my agent.prop file as follows.

agents[0].JDBCDriver=com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver

and

agents[0].url=jdbc:teradata://<MYSERVER>/<database>,1025

BUT,

• Im using domain authentication and its kicking out the below message (in agent.log)

[2016-01-12 14:02:31,234][FATAL][default.com.arcsight.agent.sdk.d.b.k][processQuery()]

java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.42] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

• after reviewing the info at the bottom of this site:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19776230/connecting-java-and-teradata-the-userid-password-or-account-is-invalid

I updated my JDBC url as such:

agents[0].url=jdbc:teradata://<MYSERVER>/database=<MYDB>,LOGMECH=LDAP

The above line basically just adds in the Logon Mechanism (which in my case is LDAP)

here is the

Thanks for your help Paul !

0 Likes
Karram Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you share the flex connector and hat type of data did you collect from teradata , we are planing for that integration but we can`t get enough information from the vendor. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.