Captain
Captain

Flex Connector 'version order' fails

Jump to solution

Hi All..I've created a couple of flex connector files (time-based DB flex) and placed those under one folder. I have given the version order as 1 & 2. The issue I face here is, the connector always process the first flex file and never process the second one. No matter the version order changed as well, whichever the file comes first (in alphabetical order) that file is processed. When I place the files separately in two different folders both are processed, not sure what am I missing here.

Can someone help me on this, I have attached the agent.properties and flex connector files for your reference. @Alexander Yurlov, would appreciate if you could help me on this.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It's a very interesting situation.

As I understand from ArcSight docs, version order is used for correct processing only, not for multiprocessing. If you define version.query in every file, you can start safe processing. Connector will check version.query in config file with version.order=1 and if it's correct, use this parser. The second parse file with version.order=2 is not used in this case. You may try define correct version.query in parser with version.order=2 and incorrect version.query in parser file with version.order=1 for testing purposes. I think, version parameters are designed for database schema modification.

If you want to decrease impact on database, I recommend try manipulation with frequency and jdbc timeout parameters for every parser.

Good luck)

Regards,

Alexander

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello Saravanakumar,

Your problem may be resolved by multidatabase flex installation. I use it in the same situations, it is a more flexible solution.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sorry, I have not noticed agents[0].type=flexmulti_db ))

You need one folder per file. So create the second folder, put second file to it. set version.order=1(2) is not needed. Edit every file with version.order=1.

I believe, this solution will help you.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thanks for that suggestion Alex..infact I'm following similar folder structure as a work around for now. While doing this I end up in establishing multiple connections/instances to the same database (I have 20+ similar flex parser files developed which is connecting to 3 or 4 databases) and this is raised as a concern by the database team here.

Let me try with a different connector version to see if the same issue replicates, I'll update the results here accordingly. Thank you once again.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It's a very interesting situation.

As I understand from ArcSight docs, version order is used for correct processing only, not for multiprocessing. If you define version.query in every file, you can start safe processing. Connector will check version.query in config file with version.order=1 and if it's correct, use this parser. The second parse file with version.order=2 is not used in this case. You may try define correct version.query in parser with version.order=2 and incorrect version.query in parser file with version.order=1 for testing purposes. I think, version parameters are designed for database schema modification.

If you want to decrease impact on database, I recommend try manipulation with frequency and jdbc timeout parameters for every parser.

Good luck)

Regards,

Alexander

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Yeah..it works the way you explained..I tried this and the results are perfectly as you mentioned. Thanks again

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Saravanakumar,

Please consider to mark the answer as correct. It helps to improve the quality of the forum and assist other members to finding the correct solution quicker.

Thank you,

BR

Lar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.