Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
amitsurya1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Flex connector for multiple csv files in a folder

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I have multiple csv files in a single folder. These csv files are converted from another type, hence the file itself is updated after certain intervals. I want to create a flex connector to parse these logs without getting repeated. Please help me with the type of connector I should go for and avoid repetition of events.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Flex connector for multiple csv files in a folder

Jump to solution

You will want a Multiple Folder File FlexConnector and list the folder containing the csv files. You then have several scenarios, depending on how the CSV files get created:

• Quick batch writes: If the files are created and written to at once, then the connector should just work. It will process each file and then put ".done" at the end or delete it depending on the setting in agent.properties. Make sure the processing mode is set to "batch".
  • Files written to over time: In this case you will set the processing mode to "realtime".
  • Slow batch writes: An example would be scanner files. In this case you would configure the connector in agent.properties to look for a flag file written when the file is complete.

Let me know if this helps.

Beirne Konarski

ArcSight PS

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Flex connector for multiple csv files in a folder

Jump to solution

You will want a Multiple Folder File FlexConnector and list the folder containing the csv files. You then have several scenarios, depending on how the CSV files get created:

• Quick batch writes: If the files are created and written to at once, then the connector should just work. It will process each file and then put ".done" at the end or delete it depending on the setting in agent.properties. Make sure the processing mode is set to "batch".
  • Files written to over time: In this case you will set the processing mode to "realtime".
  • Slow batch writes: An example would be scanner files. In this case you would configure the connector in agent.properties to look for a flag file written when the file is complete.

Let me know if this helps.

Beirne Konarski

ArcSight PS

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.