ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Flexconnector Parser question

Hello,

I am trying to write a custom parser for a couple of events we are getting from a PBX into a syslog connector. The generic syslog parser handles the most of the events, but there are a couple that it is not handling correctly which I am trying to parse.

I have create the following 2 parser files:

NortelPBXLoginSucess.sdkrfilereader.properties &

NortelPBXLogout.sdkrfilereader.properties

and placed them in:

/home/ArcSightSmartConnectors/syslogconnector/current/user/agent/flexagent/syslog

and changed their file permissions to 777.

The first looks for logout events:

Dec  9 10:19:05 foo INFO: : 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from server foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:20:55 foo INFO: : 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from server foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:23:41 foo INFO: : 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from server foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:25:25 foo INFO: goo: 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:25:38 foo INFO: goo: 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:25:49 foo INFO: goo: 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 10:26:32 foo INFO: goo: 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from server foo.boo.com:443.
Dec  9 12:32:56 foo INFO: goo: 10.95.3.201: Info: User goo logout from server foo.boo.com:443.

The parser file for the logout event is as follows:

# FlexConnector Regex Configuration File
do.unparsed.events=false

regex=(\\w{3}\\s+\\d{1,2}\\s+\\d{2}:\\d{2}:\\d{2})\\s+(\\w+)\\s+INFO:\\s*(\\w*):\\s+(\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}):\\s+Info:\\s+(.*):(\\d+)

token.count=6

token[0].name=Timestamp
token[0].type=TimeStamp
token[0].format=MMM  dd HH\:mm\:ss
token[1].name=HostName
token[1].type=String
token[2].name=UserName
token[2].type=String
token[3].name=DestinationAddress
token[3].type=IPAddress
token[4].name=Message
token[4].type=String
token[5].name=DestinationPort
token[5].type=Integer

event.deviceReceiptTime=__useCurrentYear(Timestamp)
event.destinationAddress=DestinationAddress
event.destinationPort=DestinationPort
event.destinationHostName=HostName
event.destinationUserName=UserName
event.destinationUserId=UserName
event.name=__stringConstant("Logout")
event.message=Message
event.deviceVendor=__stringConstant("Nortel")
event.deviceProduct=__stringConstant("PBX")

I stopped the connector, deleted the syslog.properties file, and restarted the service but it is still not parsing.

Idaes?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The 2nd parser is a multi line file used to aggregate two events in order to extract enough info for it to be worth wile.

Events:

Dec  8 17:11:23 boo INFO: : 10.95.3.201: Info: id=goo
Dec  8 17:11:23 boo INFO: : 10.95.3.201: Info: Login Success

parser:

# FlexConnector Regex Configuration File
do.unparsed.events=false

multiline.starts.regex=(\\w{3}\\s+\\d{1,2}\\s+\\d{2}:\\d{2}:\\d{2})\\s+(\\w+)\\s+INFO:\\s+:\\s+(\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}):\\s+Info:\\s+id=(\\w+)
multiline.ends.regex=(Info:\\sLogin\\sSuccess)
regex=(\\w{3}\\s+\\d{1,2}\\s+\\d{2}:\\d{2}:\\d{2})\\s+(\\w+)\\s+INFO:\\s+:\\s+(\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}):\\s+Info:\\s+id=(\\w+)

token.count=4

token[0].name=Timestamp
token[0].type=TimeStamp
token[0].format=MMM  dd HH\:mm\:ss
token[1].name=HostName
token[1].type=String
token[2].name=DestinationAddress
token[2].type=IPAddress
token[3].name=UserName
token[3].type=String

event.deviceReceiptTime=__useCurrentYear(Timestamp)
event.name=__stringConstant("Authen OK")
event.message=__stringConstant("Login Sucess")

thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I have been fighting with this and have made no real progress. The current version of my logout parser looks like:

# FlexAgent Regex Configuration File
do.unparsed.events=false

regex=.*INFO\:\\s+(\\S+)\:\\s+(\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3}\\.\\d{1,3})\:\\s+Info\:\\s(.*)server\\s(.*)\:(\\d+).

token.count=5

token[0].name=UserName
token[0].type=String

token[1].name=DestinationAddress
token[1].type=IPAddress

token[2].name=Message
token[2].type=String

token[3].name=HostName
token[3].type=String

token[4].name=DestinationPort
token[4].type=Integer

#submessage.messageid.token=

#submessage.token=

event.destinationPort=DestinationPort
event.name=__stringConstant("Logout")
event.message=__concatenate(Message,"server ", HostName, ":", DestinatoinPort)
event.deviceSeverity=_SYSLOG_PRIORITY
event.sourceAddress=_SYSLOG_SENDER
event.deviceReceiptTime=__useCurrentYear(_SYSLOG_TIMESTAMP)

Works fine in the Regex tester on the following evetns:

goo.us.com INFO: boo: 10.5.1.187: Info: User boo logout from server goo.us.com:443.

or

DEC 14 17:32:35 goo.us.com INFO: boo: 10.5.1.187: Info: User boo logout from servergoo.us.com:443.

event log looks like:

[2010-12-14 17:26:20,679][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.agent.p.e][getInputStream] Resource [syslog/NortelPBXLogout.sdkrfilereader.properties] not found
[2010-12-14 17:26:20,679][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.agent.p.e][getInputStream] Resource [syslog/NortelPBXLogout.sdkrfilereader.properties] not found (AUP file ignored)
[2010-12-14 17:26:20,679][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.common.config.AgentPropertiesFileConfiguration][customInitialization] customInitialization() - read properties from file [/apps/arcsight/ArcSightSmartConnectors/syslogconnector/current/user/agent/flexagent/syslog/NortelPBXLogout.sdkrfilereader.properties].
[2010-12-14 17:26:20,680][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.agent.sdk.d.n][init] Successfully Parsed properties from file [syslog/NortelPBXLogout]

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, I figured out where my events are going. They are parsing as Cisco IronPort evetns. I tried changing the precedence in the syslog.properties file, but the connector seems to ignore my changes and then overwrites them restoring the old order.

Ideas?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.