Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Forwarding connector not working with Logger 7.0

Hi,

Last weekend I've upgrade our Loggers to 7.0.

Bad luck, since then, our ESM (6.11P4 with FC 7.5) forwarding connectors are not able to send events to the Loggers.

I've attached the error to the thread.

I already tried to remove the logger destination, delete the logger certificate from the connector store and recreate the destination.

Always with the same error that the Logger cannot be pinged.

When I do a netcat on the logger port, it's open.

Any idea?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Forwarding connector not working with Logger 7.0

It looks like there is an incompatibility between ssl versions that are used. Please open a Service Request with support to have this looked at in more detail.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Did you get to the bottom of this / log a ticket? 

I just logged SD02656999 referencing this article as I have just hit this issue too

Would be good to capture some info about the solution in this thread.

Hope you have the issue resolved now.

Cheers,

Ian 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi there,

Try these two steps:

1) Reimport the certificate from Logger into the forwarding connector cacerts file

2) edit agent.properties on the forwarding connector and add the line:

ssl.protocols=TLSv1.2

3) Restart the forwarding connector

This error makes sense as agent.defaults.properties on the 7.1.7 forwarding connector specified TLSv1 and SSLv3 as protocols for SSL.  Logger 7 ONLY accepts TLSv1.2.

Your event flow should be good after this.

Cheers,

Ian.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.