Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Get current user for integration command

Hello,

I setup a integration cmd to start up an action.

For this action it is mandantory that I submit the username of the user who initiate this action.

So I have to forward the login-Name of the current ArcSight console user

Now my question is, is there an variabel within the ArcSight console which I can use for the Integration cmd's?

Or is there a parameter in the counteract.properties which delivers me the username?

Greets

Alex

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't have my test ESM available at the moment and I cant check. But you can pass the username on as part of the integration command. One good example is how you can use the Logger commands. I happen to have these exported already and you can check in the package how it operates.

From a simple view though, check in the package for the users, commands and the mechanism used.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer.

As far as I checked it out in your commands, you work with an extra variable for username & Password which have to be filled out manually by the Operator when he start up this command.

Currently my Counter ACT command works also with these extra fields, which have to be filled manually.

But I will get rid of this manual step to fill out a "form". For that I search for a way that the "$username" will be filled out by an ArcSight integrated variable.

Is it maybe possible within the Action-Agent action properties file?

Here as example my current .properties file:

command.count=1

command[0].name=remedy-soap-test

command[0].displayname=Remedy-Ticket-simulieren

command[0].parameter.count=4

command[0].parameter[0].name=ersteller

command[0].parameter[0].displayname=Ersteller

command[0].parameter[1].name=servicegruppe

command[0].parameter[1].displayname=ServiceGruppe

command[0].parameter[2].name=beschreibung

command[0].parameter[2].displayname=Beschreibung

command[0].parameter[3].name=eventid

command[0].parameter[3].displayname=EventID

command[0].action=/..../remedy_soap_create3.pl -t -k ${ersteller} -s '${servicegruppe}' -e ${eventid} -b '${beschreibung}'

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.