Highlighted
aijacob87 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Global Variables in Join Conditions

Greetings All,

I have created a global variable which captures a substring in the message field.

Can I use this global variable as a matching event attribute in join conditions? I did not see an option to add variables in rule CCE as we see in active channel CCE

Please help!

Thanks

Abraham I J

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mschleich Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Global Variables in Join Conditions

Hi Abraham I Jacob,

I ma not sure if I clearly understood your problem but you may use Global Variable in Join Rules Conditions.

In the rule condition, at your right you have Global Variable button where you have to choose which Global Variable

you will use in your rule.

I hope this info will help you.

If it is not what you would like to do, could you please explain a bit more.

Thanks

Best Regards

Michael

0 Likes
aijacob87 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Michael!

However I'm facing a new issue now. I'm trying to negate an event alias in join condition. I right click the event alias and select 'Negated', but after that I don't get any prompt to provide the timeout value for the negated event alias.

Have you ever encountered this? Am I missing anything anything prior to perform a negate on event aliases?

Thanks

Abraham I J

0 Likes
p.romagnoli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you try to use "Set Negated Alias Timeout..." settings?

Immagine1.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.