Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted

Global variable usage in filters

Hello,

I have a global variable that extract Hour from the endTime field. If I use it in fieldsets everything looks fine it gets  the right hour.

Problem comes when  I try to use it in filter for example:

I want to find all events that happened after working hours like:

AND

event filter

Hour_of_the_day in (18,19,20,21,22,23,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

---

or:

AND

event filter

OR

AND

Hour_of_the_day >= 18

Hour_of_the_day =< 23

AND

Hour_of_the_day >= 0

Hour_of_the_day =< 7

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

---

I have checked the Global variable and it says it is an integer. So where is the problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Global variable usage in filters

Hi Gediminas,

The same is working for me for the below. So what is the issue.

glob1.JPG

glob2.JPG

0 Likes
maabe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Global variable usage in filters

I have the same issue with the GetHourOfDay variable.

The variable works when I for example set it to !=0 but when I try to use a range for example Between(0,6) the rule I use is not working.

I can put the same condition in a filter and create an active channel but not use in rule for some reason.

Did you come up with a solution?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.