Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Good bye for protect724 and ArcSight

Hi All,

I'm really uncomfortable with the new protect724 platform and tiered to find even small things too. so time to say goodbye protect724 and ArcSight blog

Mr
31 Replies
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Good bye for protect724 and ArcSight

Hello Gayan,

really sorry that you cannot find items you are looking for. We are aware that some documents went missing but we identified root cause and will fix this.

If you would be kind enough to let us have details on what you are missing, we will look into this and will get back to you shortly!

Again, apologies for all inconveniences caused and would be happy if we can make you comfortable with the new community!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. ralphw Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

The new site is too visually cluttered, and finding material is much more cumbersome than it should be. My experiences suggest that many issue like this arise from choosing a platform before the end user use cases are prototyped (or at least wire-framed).

I hope that the new portal eventually gets some additional user testing with actual arcsight end-users as part of a test group.  it's completely unacceptable that so many existing links to content were broken in the transition.

Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The ArcSight user community has saved my sanity on numerous occasions.  Hate to see anyone drop off.  But to echo ralphw - this environment is cluttered and cumbersome. Broken links, missing bookmarks, all my original private messages are gone  (unless I just don't know where to look) etc. And in the midst of all the problems with the latest iterations of the ArcSight product, the Protect issues on top of that really just add to the frustration.

Regular Contributor.. highlander0681 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

On top of that the login with the user ID no longer works, plus that i found my user name modified ('1" added to the end).
Also...It's a challange to click the edit button for a comment.
Why keep somehing that works fine when you can change it ? :)

0 Likes
CHe Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

It is actually very simple: Whatever you search for can not be found. RIght now I have the issue on one of the ESMs where certain active channels do not load with "Loading Event ID...". As a long time contributor and reader I remember there where ALOT articles, posts, different solutions on the old Protect 724.
0 Likes
CHe Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

.... I can't edit my post above, so I have to continue here: Try to search for this "Loading Event ID" issue on here. You find one thread that relates to ESM 3.5 / 4.0 - same with other topics. Not sure if this really is "lost content" Problem, as I have a similar experience (really really bad search engine!!!) searching on the official HPE Support sites. It is annoying. This community used to be more helpful in most cases and problems than official support, so I can only recommend you to get this going, or many arcsight product users will sooner or later get fed up.
jakef
Member.

Cant see to find anything when I search but DOCs, site has become useless. I will be saying good by as well when it's time to renew..
0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

When HP will do the completed transformation all valued contributors are lost.
Mr
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Unfortunately the search capability is really broken. Searching for words that I know are in a document to find the link doesnt work or pulls back so many other comments or results that are unrelated. I recommend looking at and scoring the search results by Kudos (not sure if this was done yet) and making sure that you can actually search for a username (which doesnt work either). Seriously, fix the search and it might be better - I get better results using Google than using the inbuilt search.
mendsaikhan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

It just makes me angry when I try to use the forum. Can't find stuff that I was looking, no notification except email, can't see replies on your own question if not clicking on, all the pdf contents are pushed into clumsy texts etc etc
0 Likes
Tim Davoren Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

What's even worse is that HPE never gave a good reason/justification for this platform change...Protect724 was one of the saving graces of the ArcSight platform.
0 Likes
Tim Davoren Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I feel sorry for guys like Ofer and Paul that have been instrumental in building the Protect724 site.
Regular Contributor.. Karl Alfaro Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

I feel totally identified with all the comments, I've been using protect724 for ages to exchange experiences, ask doubts, search on forums and documentation. All this has been lost with this new portal that is cluttered, cumbersome and nothing useful. I hope this will be fixed in future releases, as all the arcsight community has been affected with this change.
Member.. mgjk3
Member..

With great pain, I can find some documents, but I can't find my login.... my contributor ID got killed somehow, it worked for a while, but I think the new site is somehow linked to my support ID... which isn't great if you're a contractor who moves from customer to customer.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.