Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Good bye for protect724 and ArcSight

All, we understand some of the frustration that the migration has caused but we also hope that you started noticing a number of improvements. Should you still have any issues, with your log in ID/registration, please send me a message and I will fix this promptly. Same for any missing documents - we recovered them and would be glad to get them back for you. Just let us have corresponding details. Last - good point about sessions with key users in the community. In fact we have already started having regular meetings and interview sessions with a number stakeholders giving us their input. You'll see more enhancements on structure and other changes over the next few weeks! Thank you for you comments and feedback, these are always welcome!
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Allen23 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Completely agree with the frustration expressed by others. I've been working with Arcsight since 2011 and have been coming to Protect724 for as long.
lakshmisha357 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Even many features missing like we coutd Follow a person by just clicking on the name. This looks like a Beta page rather than Production page. We could not not see our Followers and Friends.
mgjk2 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I fixed my ID. Where it says "username or email", it seems, I need to put my email, else it fails. Also certain characters in the password are not accepted, they cause the login to fail. I would reply to my comment in context, but that doesn't seem to be possible..
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

When the previous platform was functional and working fine. I didn't understand the need for this migration. Is the protect 724 was made worse just to make sure the customers queries will go to the ArcSight support ?
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. diverdaveman1 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I too hate the new look and feel of this site. Bring back the old site. Why try to fix what IS NOT broken. Just give me a better search than what is in place now.

Community Manager

Hello back! Migrating a working platform is definitely a challenge but I can ensure you that there were internal company reasons forcing us to do so. Search is really broken, totally agree - but we are working on a fix, which unfortunately is not that easy. We appreciate all your input and suggestions as the more so you are an active contributor, making this community valued!

0 Likes
hemanthma Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi All,

Same feeling here, It was so much easier on the earlier fourm to find and navigate articles.

But it's a mess now. No way to restrict a search to a ArcSight. NAvigation is altogether a different story, we do not know where we are and finding the right place to find things takes a whole lot of effort.

Regards,

Hemanth.

Community Manager

Did you have a chance to look at the community structure posted in the community's "Getting started"? We agree that the structure with all the sub-categories and forums need to be simplified. Note that this all has been taken over from previous platform. Search is a pain, totally agree to that - this is caused by the knowledge base articles that are prioritized in search. Unfortunately not an easy fix - but we are working on it! Again, thank you for all great feedback - be assured that we are working on enhancements and are taking all input very serious!
0 Likes
Negatron
Senior Member.

It's a shame what they've done(or haven't done for that matter)to the product. Not to mention how this forum has completely gone to sh1t, epic failure.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. Sandipbobade14 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

one of the worst migration they have done in the history of HPE. we want protect724.
Regular Contributor.. Sandipbobade14 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Good bye HPE. Hello QRadar
0 Likes
jgrayson Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Post-acquisition, are there any plans to move away from the HPE community site? As others have said this site is unfortunately not fit for production use.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. diverdaveman1 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Agreed! All the small things and some big things. Just today - enter new search criteria, 354 results are returned, but clicking on 'Next' or '2' at the bottom of page does nothing but refreash to same results. Also, staying on the same search results page - type in other search criteria, hit search - same results as previous search. I had to go back to the main page just to get NEW results from a different search.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. yhann1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SAME WITH ME OMG ~

And i thought is all 5 of my workstation having browser issue hahaha 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.