Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Handshake_failed

Jump to solution

Hello Guys,

we are facing a issue while adding ESM destination to logger or adding smartconnector to ESM

error on Logger: "There was a problem: failed to add destination"

logs:handshake_failed

[2016-08-25 18:16:43,645][ERROR][OnBoardAgentConfigurator][addDestination][TP-Processor6]

com.arcsight.common.exception.ArcSightException: Couldn't connect to ArcSight Manager: 172.16.100.111 (proxy: [none])

Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

at com.arcsight.frogger.connector.ConnectorVM.registerDestination(ConnectorVM.java:2707)

at com.arcsight.agent.logger.OnBoardAgentConfigurator.a(OnBoardAgentConfigurator.java:271)

at com.arcsight.agent.logger.OnBoardAgentConfigurator.addESMDestination(OnBoardAgentConfigurator.java:245)

at com.arcsight.logger.web.pages.configuration.EsmConfigPage.handleCreate(EsmConfigPage.java:170)

image002.png

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Guys

Solution for this problem was enabling TLS all version.

My colleague disabled TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1 and kept TLSv1.2 enabled which did not supported logger version 6.0

Thanks & Regards

Anoop Padhye

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Have you imported the ESM SSL certificate to Logger and/or the smart connector?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, i have imported certificate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Guys

Solution for this problem was enabling TLS all version.

My colleague disabled TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1 and kept TLSv1.2 enabled which did not supported logger version 6.0

Thanks & Regards

Anoop Padhye

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Logger 6.1 has support for TLS 1.2

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am having this same problem when trying to register a SmartConnector(7.1.1.7348.0) on AIX with an ESM (6.9.1.21.95.0)

Registering destination

|########################################| 100%

Couldn?t connect to ArcSight Manager: abc.def.com (proxy: [none])

Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Continue[Fri Sep 16 13:38:46 BST 2016] [INFO ] Shutting Down Agent Framework Version [7.1.1.7348.0]

This is from a fresh install, albeit there are other connectors on this host. The user account I use to register is an AD integrated acct which is a member of the ESM admins.

I have been able to register a couple of connectors but it's now a solid problem.

Is the TLS issue still relevant in this instance and where do I adjust?

*** UPDATE:  An upgrade to ArcSight-7.3.0.7886.0-Connector-AIX.bin resolved this problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello ​,

I don't this is TLS Issue

Still you can follow below KB Doc to verfiy

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/document/-/facetsearch/document/KM02267699

Thanks & Regards

Anoop Padhye

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All ,

Just from the snippet for handshake failed error , adding  ESM (Manager) as destination to Logger , please check if you have added  esm host entry in Logger host file while adding ESM as destination to Logger .

I believe this is not a TLS Version issue , as handshake depicts the three way :-  response - request , response and send traffic .

Similarly , check for the smartconnector to add ESM as a destination , please check the ESM connectivity (are you able to ping or telnet ESM Manager on port 8443 ) from the agent server .

Regards ,

Sanyam

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.