Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hardening connector servers

Jump to solution

We have installed HP Smart Connectors on Windows 2012 platform. We have configured most of the connectors. now we are looking to harden our connector servers. I am looking for some information on hardening guidelines, with respect to ESM environment. What should be allowed, what ports, etc.

I think port 445 outbound must be allowed to all the Windows machines(Since we use windows event log unified connector), port 8443 to communicate with ESM and Logger.Is it right?

We would be using RepSm, which requires external access to all the machines on port 443(Not sure what exactly this means). Any idea on this?

Many Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You may find this useful:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You may find this useful:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commander
Commander
Hi Shezaf,
0 Likes
Commander
Commander
Hi Shezaf, Can you please re-post the link as I see the link is not visible after the update to the portal
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It helpd indeed! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.