Highlighted
sweendogz
New Member.

Has anyone configured a flex connector to receive an XML data push?

Hi All,

We have a POS legacy application that we cannot query logs from, and that cannot stream the data via syslog or similar methods.  What the application owners would rather do is connect to our application API and push their XML formatted log data over using SOAP.

Has anyone set up a connector like this?  Again, they won't simply sync or push us their flat-files, they actually want to call our API and write data to our system.  (We could then grab and parse those XML files normally, I suppose.)

Thanks,
Bill

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
rhope Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Has anyone configured a flex connector to receive an XML data push?

As far as I know Flexconnectors don't expose any API/SOAP Web service that you can consume to push logs to them, the closest you get in Flex is the ability to consume a REST web service meaning the legacy application needs to expose the web service and you pull the logs from the web service. Even then the logs need to be JSON formatted, not XML and the only authentication that appears to be supported is OAuth.  It would be fairly trivial to write a web service that accepts the fields that you're interested in and either writes out the raw xml or formats it as CEF etc to be read by a Flex connector or forwarded on by syslog.  I could understand not wanting to do this however as it then becomes outside a standard logging framework or an extra bit that can go wrong if you like.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.