Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Has anyone configured logging for SWIFT business application administrator activity?

Hi All,

I need to collect logs from SWIFT business application for administrator activity - user created, user deleted, user got assigned special privileges, user logged in, etc. -- business data is out of scope -; has anyone got a connector for this, or does anyone know how this can be done?

Many thanks!

Tamas

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe you need a Flex connector.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thank you Alex!

The problem is I am not sure which type I would need.

At this point I am still awaiting for the application admin to confirm if I can query the DB of this application, they also haven`t confirmed any potential log export methods like csv file, text file, syslog, etc.

Of course I will get this information before I try to configure any logging, but I was hoping that someone has done it before and maybe has some tips that I should follow.

Thanks!

Tamas

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tamas,

I'm working on connecting Swift app. As a result of the analysis I know that Swift has possibility to send SNMP traps to remote location. For more information please see:
http://folio.swift.com/sehl/results.php?subpage=b249.htm&searchText=SNMP&url=/folio/protected/en_uk/saa_7_0_60_system_mgmt_guide_20121221

Of course You need a Flex SNMP connector. I hope that I helped.

PS. SWIFT application support only version 1 of the SNMP protocol. There is no possiblity for version 3 in Alliance Access and this is a known limitation. 😕

regards

Marek

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi Marek,

Thank you for your reply!

Do you have access to the document you referenced?

It seems the link has expired.

Thanks again!

Regards.

Tamas

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi,

Have you configured the SNMP connector for SWIFT. I am facing issues with SNMP trap collection at Connector . The Port is open and Firewall shows flow of traffic but nothing is shown in the Connector logs or ESM destination.

Any help on this would be great.  Thanks.

Regards,

Srikanth R

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Srikanth,

I am facing the same issue.Swift application is generating the traps as i could see the hits on the firewall. However, no events are observed at the connector end.

If you were able to resolve, could you please advise.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.