Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone had any issues with the connector not reading the DHCP file that has a different file name? The DHCP files are not in the default location or named the default.

I insert the current name of the file but still not results.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas,

As far I can remember, the DHCP file connector will usually read files majorly with .log extensions.  Although, that will also depend on the type of rotation specified during configuration, which could be any of Daily or Index rotation.

Please, specify the naming convention you are using and possibly upload a sanitized copy of the agent.properties file.

Regards,

Gbenga.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gbenga,

These logs are being copied from 200+ DHCP servers to one centralized server. The Connector is installed on the Centralized server where the logs reside.The logs are not being read from the DHCP server itself.

Regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas,

The dhcp_file connector has no way of reading historical files, which means it will only read real-time files/events.  Also, considering that all of the 200+ dhcp servers will have the same naming convention, you may also want to consider how the connector is able to differentiate among the many files as they will possibly all have the <DhcpSrvLog-'EEE'.log'>.

You may be better off confirming this with Technical support though.

Regards,

Gbenga

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gbenga,

Thanks for your input. I am in agreement with you that it will only read real-time files. As I look in the logs it recognizes the file but seems like it waiting for the file to be closed, which it never will because it is not a real-time file.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.