Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, I want to ask- How does the SSL certificate from ESM manager gets uploaded on the Logger?

How does the SSL authentication takes place in ArcSight Logger.

I've proceeded as the ESM and Logger Admin Guides have mentioned-

1. First I run keytoolgui from the ESM and I open ESM's truststore.
  2. Then I export the ESM's certficate that is DER encoded as mentioned in the guide, save it as .cer extension.
  3. Then I copy it the machine which runs my Logger, and I access the Logger and go to Configuration-> Certificates -> Add-> Upload the certificate I exported with an alias.

After this my certificate just vanishes, the screen says No Certificates to display.

Please help me out, if anyone of you has been able to do this succesfully.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

use PEM, not DER. The Logger documents clearly state that certificates should be encoded in PEM.

"Logger Admin Guide 5.5", page 385:

The imported certificate must be in Privacy Enhanced Mail (PEM) format.

Hopefully it will help.

0 Likes

Just did this the other day.  Like Alex says you need to use PEM.  You can also grab the cert if you open the webconsole and export the cert via your browser.  Then import via the method you used above.

Should work with no issues.  Verify the cert uploaded by going to Configuration>Certs

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer, but I guess I did not post my exact requirement. Created a new post, check that out and let me know how to approach.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer, but I guess I did not post my exact requirement. Created a new post, check that out and let me know how to approach.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.