Jerme
New Member.

Hi,Need to know what is "Connection Opened" in soniWall firwall . Device Event Class ID : 98

Hi,

Need to know what is "Connection Opened" in soniWall firwall . Device Event Class ID : 98

0 Likes
4 Replies
Jerme
New Member.

Re: Hi,Need to know what is "Connection Opened" in soniWall firwall . Device Event Class I

what is the meaning of the below:

In specific cases of multi-layer packet processing, a TCP connection initially logged as "open," will be rejected by a deeper layer of packet processing. In these cases, the connection request has not been forwarded by the SonicWALL security appliance, and the initial Connection Open SonicOS log event message should be ignored in favor of the TCP Connection Dropped log event message.

0 Likes
Highlighted
kevquinlan Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Hi,Need to know what is "Connection Opened" in soniWall firwall . Device Event Class I

I think you really need to go visit the Sonicwall community or check with your support - but essentially i believe it is saying that the firewall may record a connection as allowed, but a further processing rule or third party tool such as IPS, Packet inspection, WAF or downstream firewall may still block it - so the connection was never fully established.

Jerme
New Member.

What kind of events will be there, if the traffic is getting accepted or allowed in sonicwall?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.