Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Host Credentials Are Invalid

Jump to solution

Hello,

Background:

I am attempting to add my Logger to my Management Center via attempting to add a new host. I have checked the host name is correct and the same as the host name in the certificate. Both the username and the password are correct and this has been verrified by various members of staff.

The Issue:

I am getting the above error which is different to "Login Failure" which I receive when I enter spurious data into the password field.

Could someone please shed some light on to what this error actually means?

Thanks in advance

Jack

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Host Credentials Are Invalid

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have found the answer to my predicament.

The versions of the Logger and the Management Center firmware were incompatible.

After I updated both appliances the MC could see the Logger.

I hope this helps someone out in the future

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Did you check the host name entries under /etc/hosts at your MC ?

I faced the same issue and was fixed when i gave the FQDN at the hosts file.

Rgds,

Sahaya

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Sahaya,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't in fact I completely reset the appliance and started again. I can now install the arcmcagent on the logger however before the end of the installation i get the error message "Error: Host credentials are invalid"

the agent is installed on the logger but the logger is not present on the management server.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Jack

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello again,

I have checked the host file on the MC now and the FQDN for the MC is present in the file.

I have also checked the hosts file on the logger and the FQDN is present there also.

Regards

Jack

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have found the answer to my predicament.

The versions of the Logger and the Management Center firmware were incompatible.

After I updated both appliances the MC could see the Logger.

I hope this helps someone out in the future

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.