Highlighted
New Member.

How can I access to Arcsight ESM express database server?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

This might be quite a stupid question but how do you actually access to ESM database server? is ESM running on mysql server and on port 3306? i did a netstat and it is running and listening but when i try to connect using MySQL query browser I was unable to connect tried to telnet from my machine to the ESM server unable as well. then i check the firewall of the ESM machine is already disabled. What am I missing here? By the way I was able to SSH into the server via port 22 no issue.

Thanks in advance for the help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How can I access to Arcsight ESM express database server?

Jump to solution

Albert, here is a document, which may help you.

but keep in mind that direct interaction with ESM database is not welcomed and should be avoided if possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Albert, here is a document, which may help you.

but keep in mind that direct interaction with ESM database is not welcomed and should be avoided if possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
New Member.

Jump to solution

This helps. Thanks Ivan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You're welcome

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What's the use case(s) here?

Maybe the ESM API can help out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Aaron,

I found out a lot notification pending in the server.log with the notification ID, so I am planning to search for the destination name that is having the issue with the SQL statement to check if the input email address is correct

select destination_name from arc_notification_history where notification_id='<ID shown in message>';

But unfortunately with this SQL statement I was still unable to locate the destination name. Is there any other way to locate which ID belong to which destination name?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.