Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Established Member.. Jorjjj
Established Member..

How can I add Notification's "Ack Required" when creating a Case Manually?

Hello there

If you have a specific event (Base or Correlated) and you need to create manually a Case for it.

Once the case is created, i am facing an issue with the Notification Event where after the Case Inserted event, I am getting a "Notification sent (Acknowledgment not required)" event, which only shows as Informational in the Notifications Console View, and cannot go through the normal Notification Cycle (Pending.... Acknowledged... resolved...>)

Is there any way to enforce Acknowledgment on case once it's created manually?

I know that if I create the Notification as a Rule Action, i can chose the "Ack Required" Tick box which solve the issue, but that's not available when created a case manually

How can I add "Ack Required" when creating a Case Manually?

Thanks,

regards,

Georges

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How can I add Notification's "Ack Required" when creating a Case Manually?

Hi Georges,

When you create case manually no way to select Acknowledgment. Can't you do it through rule ?

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
Established Member.. Jorjjj
Established Member..

Hello

Sometimes the client see a specific event (Could be even a Base Event as AV Detection on a critical host), and the Security Officer requires to open a Case for it, and to have the standard notification events flow (Ack, Resolved...) as if it was opened automatically by a Rule

Regards

Georges

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Georges,

I got your point. you have mentioned client see specific event so what is the baseline for identification?

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.